A project for a UK based start-up involved screening quickly several public information databases (Clinical Trials, PubMed, UK Companies House, ESPACENET) for a mapping of key players in a segment of interest. The work identified 180 potential competitor start-ups and a deep-dive of 12 companies was performed, allowing the client to narrow the parameter space for its initial market entry strategy.
Two separate projects carried out in 2018/19 for a UK and a Benelux based customer on how to enter the Danish market, in the customers respective segments. Work included:
- Using public datasets (Companies House, Clinical Trials, Pubmed) to identify potential partners, competitors and clients.
A project completed in late 2019 for a UK customer looking to enter an adjacent market segment, the work included:
- Discovery and analysis of a 1400+ product database of direct and potential competing products
- Aggregating product and company statistics to support a Go/No Go decision into the space.
This is a long term project supporting the commercialization of research from Aalborg University Hospital in Denmark. The project has so far raised 3,0 MDKK and major deliverables have been:
- Data analysis/digest of a large end user survey (2500+ structured and unstructured responses)
- Database building of funding sources and potential customers in Denmark
- Financial Model (end markets, prices, customer retention, cost targets, among others)
TresActio was a university start-up coming out of DTU Denmark. Working as an interim manager for the company over the course of a year, the company progressively gained traction, collectively raising 1MDKK of funding from several Danish sources, culminating in the start-ups acceptance to the first cohort of the prestigious Novo Nordisk BII Accelerator in Copenhagen.
Working on a short term engagement, to support a large European Consortium project, the work included function validation for a large web based tool aimed at researchers and SME’s in the diagnostic space.